Thursday 2 January 2014

Society is doomed?

Is society really doomed? I had an unintentional conversation with a member of the public, well they sort of started talking to me whilst I was at work. They witnessed something that leads them to say 'if that's the younger generation then society is doomed' I didn't comment I just listened to what they had to say. What that particular member of the public had witnessed was nothing major and it was easily resolved. For a while I've been reflecting on this statement, I've had many thought running through my mind. 

How is society doomed? 

In what way is society doomed?

How can society give up on these young people? 

Surely as adults do we not have a duty of care for these young people? 

What are we not doing to prevent the negative outlook on young people?

It's having this sort of mind-set why society looks badly at young people, we may not have been perfect at their age but I'm sure the older generation felt the same. How can people give up on young people so easily? We need to guide these young people. We may not be accountable for what goes on in their home lives but it's never too late to help them. Giving up on 'troubled' young people is how they get lost in the system; these young people need people who will push them to strive for more in life. If society gives up or has lack of faith in young people wouldn't that make society the one to blame? 

No comments:

Post a Comment