Tuesday 24 April 2012

Professional Inquiry

My placement has really started to help me with my inquiry. My inquiry is about whether drama could one day become a compulsory subject but I will be using drama classes as an example. I am looking at if drama/ drama classes can be beneficial to young people. The aim of my time at my placement is to see if I can notice any change in behaviour in the young people during the drama classes, when I say behaviour I mean their character/persona. I want to see any of the drama technique we teach they could become useful, for example how their confidence will change while acting and if it will change.

The other techniques/skills or literary techniques that I will be looking for during the classes are:

  • Confidence 
  •  Articulation
  • imagery
  • Being able to read  body language 
  • word play
  •  Posture
  • Working with others 
  • first person narration
  • Be able to read out aloud
  • Freeze Frame
  • Flash-forward/Flashback

My aim is to show that drama has just as much potential of having skills that can be used in the ‘real world’.  I haven’t been able to hold as much focus group meetings as I would have liked to due to situations beyond my control, I am however having one this Thursday which I am looking forward to. Being able to try and put my theories into practice is beginning to help my inquiry fall into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment