Saturday 11 May 2013

6b

Pilot interview with a colleague

This pilot interview was to test some of the questions that I had in mind. I had noticed that the dynamic in the behaviour of the girls would often change depending of the amount of girls. Some of the girls who spent more of there time engaging with the boys seemed to get on with the activities without a hitch. The girls who only wanted to engage with others took long to get into the activity as they would wait for what some might call 'the leader' of the group to give the go ahead. This is something that I had notice quite Frequently in the youth session and I wanted to find if any of the other youth workers had noticed it to. This then lead me to ask;

Do think that the girls behave differently when they are in larger groups?

Colleague: yes, I can see a change in behaviour when the girls are in a bigger group.

Me: do you think that there hormones might be playing a part in this?

Colleague: you can tell the difference between the hormonal girls.

Me: I remember being that age and I was such a nightmare, I was constantly falling out with my friends. Socially I was bouncing from one crowd of girls to the next; I had friends I liked, friends I didn't and I had friends who seemed fake. Did you experience this?

Colleague: I did and I didn't as I was more of a tomboy I didn't really get into to much trouble with girls. Most of my friends were boys, the boys I hung-out with behave differently. If they disliked each other they would speak to each other whereas you could have two groups of girls who hated each other and they would still seem like the best of friends.

Me: I understand what you mean it's as though with girls there is a constant need to be accepted. From my own experience my behaviour would change depending on the group of girls I hung around with.

No comments:

Post a Comment