Saturday 11 May 2013

Benefits of frist aiders


I've been reflecting on a few incidents that have happened, both within my role as a youth worker and as a sales assistant. Becoming first aid trained has never been something that I felt I needed however after a few incidence which required a first aider, I feel that having first aid training this would be something I'd benefit from. Working with young people I find that as they tend to be carefree this then leads to more accidents, by being first aid trained I will then be able to assist. At the moment all I know is the recovery positions and this may not be enough when working with young people. Most companies require at least one trained first aider on site. I've been browsing around on what kind of first aid courses and I found a few charities that off free first aid training, I think I should look further into it and then hopefully take training. Being first aid trained is something that can benefit myself and could possible help someone else; I don't know why it has taken me so long to realise the importance of first aid training.

Below we are some links that I've found useful

http://www.sja.org.uk/sja/default.aspx?gclid=CL3elcKTj7cCFWbKtAodnUoAHQ

http://www.redcrossfirstaidtraining.co.uk/What-we-do/Safe-hands.aspx

Hope this help anyone how is in a similar position

No comments:

Post a Comment