Wednesday 4 December 2013


Audio visual, who is it for?
I want my artefact to be done in an audio, erm!! I wanted to make the artefact a film/dvd that could be given to people who are in the same line of work as me. I want this artefact to show how amazing and challenging youth work can be. I want this film to have still images as well as moving ones. I will use images that I have be gathering for the past year. I have soo many ideas on what I want my artefact to show. I not sure what direction to go in. I want to show people that not all young people are challenging I want people to be able to look at the young people and see themselves in the young people. Just like I do at times I look at some of the young people and see myself at that age . another idea just came to mind. Could my artefact be based around choices? The choices young people make how they choose to act.

As my may notice there are a few spelling mistake as well as some grammatical errors. The above piece of writing was written at the last campus session that I attended. we were given a task which required us to spend 5 minutes right what we where thinking. The task required us to write word for word what came to mind.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Sanana,
    Your writing (with or without grammatical errors) really shows your passion and commitment to the young people that you work with. With a lot of young people being shown in a negative light, by the press, in educational systems, young offenders, etc.,etc. it would be really wonderful to highlight the positive nature of young people that most of us who work with adolescents see on a regular basis.
    I really wish you well with your artifact.
    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah
    I’m glad to hear that you can see how passionate I am about youth work; it’s a very challenging career which is constantly changing. I have had more thoughts on my artefact since this post. I hope that my final outcome will show just how beneficial youth work can be for the community; hopefully this will come across in my artefact. If I can change the young people’s outlook on life, then I can gradually change someone’s life. The problem with society is that once you get to a partical age you become tarnished with the same brush, which isn’t fair on the young people. The young people of today are not really being given a chance to grow up the ‘right way’ (not there is a wrong or right way maybe the word I’m looking for is a ‘better’ way). I guess this is what youth work is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sanana, interesting post- Take a look at this video clip-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYfyC4TZp0k
    It briefly explains the economic value which youth work has to the economy in the long run!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tanisha

    I have just watched the link you posted; it was really informative. It’s easy as youth workers to say that youth work brings an economical value to society but to have statistics like that backs up what we think.

    I will definitely be reposting it.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete