Tuesday 28 January 2014

Life after my inquiry

After the oral presentation I've been asking myself what next? The Q&A after the oral presentation really clarified things for me, during this whole process I spent a lot of my time worrying about what qualifications meant to me and my practice. I thought that being a fully qualified youth worker would change the way fellow practicing treated me. After hearing adeshola's feedback I learnt that having a qualification would not change things. She asked "if we were to give you a qualification now what will it change?" I could not answer well not accurately, I could not justify what impact having a BA HONS would have on my life. Like she said the young people I work with do not think that I am not qualified so what differences would it make if I had a level 6 or not? It made sense to me why having a qualification would be beneficial to me but looking back at the last 10 months I've spent as a youth worker having a qualification would not make a difference. I suppose having a level 6 would be some kind of reward to myself to show that my hard work payed off in the form of a BA HONS Professional Practice in Youth Work.

No comments:

Post a Comment