Tuesday 28 January 2014

Oral Presentation



Below are some of the notes I used to guide me through my presentation.

Introduction

What is the purpose of this presentation? What are you presenting? Who can benefit from this presentation? These are the methods that I found useful in my practice, every youth workers method of practice is different. These are the methods that I found useful to me as a youth worker working in a youth project in South London. they may vary in a different environment and or area.

Engaging in activity is a strategy that works 

Why is this a strategy that works? Who will benefit from this? Is this finding visible at all times? Doing things together builds social cohesion. There is no harm in learning something new?

Interplay between the girls and boy in relation to the girls behaviour

What happens when the girls and boys are together? What happens when they are apart? Expect the girls and Boys to show a lot of physical contact. Competitive attitudes! What happens when they play sports? As soon as the young people come to youth club they start asking to go outside.

Taking responsibility (what do we as adults/ youth worker except from young people)

We expect a lot from young people, we automatically assume that once young people reach a certain age that they will act/become responsible. Young people do not have any responsibilities so therefore why except the to be responsible. Rather than telling young people to be responsible, they should be shown how to do so. How are they shown to take responsibly at youth club? Reward them! Domestic violence..

Positive role models 

Who do these young people have to look up to? Who do they spend they most of there time with?(school friends family) I only work as a youth worker 6hrs per week. So I do not spend that much time with these young people, they might not attend youth club every week as it's not compulsory. However that short time spent with them is the best time to make an impact on them. Remember these young people have chosen to come to youth club.

Creating a fun environment

Why do young people attend youth club? Youth workers need to be welcoming?

Module 3 oral presentation

I've finally done it!!! I am feeling proud of myself; I did not think I had it me. I think I've found my calling guys!!

The presentation was so nerve-racking, did not say everything thing I needed to say. Although I had written it all down I was too nervous to look at my notes, from the responds of the people in the room I think I did just fine. 

I kept my presentation short and simple, I used 6 slides. The slides were very basic; I felt that this would be the most effective way of presenting my findings. I also did this because I did not want repeat what I discussed in my Critical Review and my artefact; I knew that by having a basic slide that this would encourage me to engage with my audience. 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment